FLATTR Button

2009-08-10

Eskew (Just a Scientist song)

Welcome to the next installment of Emerald Elk's blog! I have a video that I wanted to add to Youtube, but Youtube has blocked submissions from Korea due to some legal crap (ironically laws are mentioned in this song). So I just uploaded direct to blogspot.

This was actually the last song written by Just a Scientist (band I was previously in), but it never got recorded. Although it was much better with the rest of the band, it deserves to be shared. Hopefully you'll enjoy this unplugged version at least one-fourth as much.





Lyrics:

Trapped in this compound
My car’s in the impound
I just can’t hear the sound
Of loved ones coming to
Rescue me, to rescue me.

There’s only one way down
My life’s running aground
I just can’t hear the sound
Of heroes flying to
Rescue me, to rescue me
To the rescue… Wanted to ask you…

Your laws are lies
I’m getting bored of this disguise
I’m trading you a world of truth for vice
I’m giving you a sacrifice.
We’re on the rise
There will be nowhere to hide
When we live above the skies
Playing harps for the rest of our lives

There’s only one way down
My life’s running aground
I just can’t hear the sound
Of heroes flying to
Rescue me, to rescue me.
It’s such a long way down
But time is running out
We only have to shout
Just come to our
Rescue, rescue…
To the rescue… I wanted to eskew…

Our laws are lies
Forcing on a disguise we despise
We wear them for our whole lives
We’re on the rise
Soon we’ll grow wings and fly
And we’ll live above the skies for the rest of our lives

------------------------------------
PS: The real words in English are eschew and askew, but I combined the two. I know that "eskew" is not an English word.

Creative Commons License
Eskew by Emerald Elk is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.blogger.com/emeraldelk@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment