FLATTR Button

2010-12-07

Flattr + This is a lot of work!

You can support my site through www.Flattr.com  if you sign up with them and click the button at the top of my homepage. More about it is explained below.
I've spent the last 3 days with the intention of capturing music but being distracted by how to actually get it online in the most effective way. I used to upload to Grooveshark and then post their little player right into my blog. But for the last song it wouldn't upload correctly even after I talked to my buddies at GS, so I just put it on myspace--btw anyone see the completely overhauled myspace aka "my_"? At least it's an improvement...



My quest for a good method of e-distribution has led me in a lot of directions. I decided to support Flattr which is a micro-donation site for supporting artists and causes that you like. You can pay as little as 3 bucks a month or so and click on as many sites as you would like to divide up your donations among them. Good concept I think (I give my friend Jesse Arost a shoutout for recommending it!). But it's still in beta so there are only a few thousand posts so far, and this still doesn't solve my problem of where to house my music and video for easy access.

Another route is making my own website (so ditching this blogger thing), but I'll need to pay a webhost and FTP server. Besides costing money this gets complicated, but I've learned more than I ever knew before about this techno-age stuff--I'd say I'm now as savvy as a 21st Century fifth grader. Also I somehow acquired the website www.seoullivemusic.com, and I already made a temporary welcome page... It just seemed like a good site with some potential. Any ideas for what I should turn it into are welcome.

In summary, I have some other goodies I can post but I don't want to just throw them around the internet. Thus, I'll be narrowing down the best option and letting you know. Just please bear with me cuz THIS IS A LOT OF WORK.  x_x

No comments:

Post a Comment